Tuesday 27 September 2011

27/9/11 Drama teacher arrested

Really considering a shift over to wordpress as I hear good things about it.
It has literally just taken me about 40 mins to find out how to post on someones blog. It had to do with the way I was logged in apparently......
surely if I'm logged in I'm logged in, I'm just saying.
anyway paddy over and I should probably write about what interesting things my journey has thrown at me today.
well I suppose the first and most interesting thing (probably) was that the drama teacher was arrested............
Don't worry! It's all an act you see. For our year 7's, new to a big school, they have spent the last two weeks on a murder mystery themed event. and it turns out the drama teacher dunnit.
What has been occurring has been a massive baseline evaluation of students collaborative, personal and technological skills. Without them even knowing it! sneaky I know, but asking a year 7 to sit a load of tests in the first weeks of term is probably a bit harsh. And plus ofsted absolutely lapped it up!
I (being with them in their ICT lesson) have set up about a million prezi accounts (prezi.com) for a new way for them to present their evidence. One of the good things about prezi is that students can share their prezi with other students (which is weird when someone is editing a prezi you are working on at the same time!)
I suppose the main reason I like prezi so much is because it just looks better than powerpoint. It has a massive canvas for you to work on and it really doesn't require much structure when you are starting off as powerpoint does. Ideas can be linked together after they are in rather than having to shift slides around. It is simply a click - job done.
Highly recommend it.
Still stressed out about this online tools module. I have read though it so many times and I just don't get what is being asked of me. I have made references to some online tools here. Read all that I am supposed to read (and a bit more). This whole 1250 words throws me a bit. Does My learning journal need to be 1250 words? or do I need to do a structured piece of essay writing?
Hopefully I wont get into too much trouble for not having done it yet as there is still 2 weeks left and

1 comment:

  1. Hey Adam. for IOCT a table is a good starting point, list some tools in the first column, Blogger, FB, G+ etc, second column list key features, third column perhaps the kind of things tehy can be used for. Look at Nancy WHite's approach how does she use a table to analyse tools? Then you can be a bit more expansive in a text based commentary comparing and evaluating the tools. You mention moving to WordPress go for it then you can compare blogger and wordpress - you have also used Posterous for imduction - third one to compare. Use screen shots to illustrate key features. Refer to some literature - what does Nancy White say about digital tools do you se that in the tools you have used, do you agree with her? What does Wenger say about Online Communities - does FB or G+ exhibit the kind of behaviours and purposes Wenger talks about? What are the strengths and weaknesses of the various things - G+ versus FB sounded like a good tussle to explore. 1250 words will soon fly by. Get them down informally in your learning journal then you can start to structure and formalise what you have written. Share work in progress via the online community or post it on here then send the other students a link to the post so they can visit and comment on what you are doing. Great start on here keep at it.

    ReplyDelete